October 18, 2020
This question is from Lloyd. He asks, "I'm planning to retire in the spring when I turn 62. Should I start taking my Social Security or should I wait?"
This is a big decision. The only decision we have when we're looking at social security is when we file for our benefits.
To see more: https://flemingwatson.com/should-i-start-social-security-at-62/
October 11, 2020
This question is from Karen. She asks, "With interest rates so low, we aren't earning anything on our savings. I'm also worried about another significant drop in the stock market. Should I take money from my savings to pay off my mortgage?"
There are two parts to this. One is eliminating debt. The other is what is the better use of your money?
View on our website here: https://flemingwatson.com/should-i-use-my-savings-to-payoff-my-mortgage/
September 6, 2020
This is our September Question and Answer Episode.
We answer these five questions:
- I changed jobs two months ago. What should I do with my old retirement plan?
- Can I use a trust to protect my Mom's assets if she goes to a nursing home?
- My employer announced they are now offering the Roth 401k option. Should I use it?
- How do I use my savings to create retirement income?
- Can I make the maximum contribution to both a Roth IRA and the Roth account in the Thrift Savings Plan?
If you'd like to submit a question we can answer on a future show, please visit: https://mondaymorningmoney.com
August 2, 2020
Today on our show, we offer a simple, low-cost estate planning tip to help you avoid probate. We talk about the current bear market, and share some expert predictions. And we answer three questions. The big one: do I need Medicare supplement insurance?
- 0:00 - Intro
- 0:50 - Estate Planning Tip: Transfer On Death Provisions.
- 8:12 - Let's talk about stocks
- 11:16 - Question: Do I need to keep my Medicare supplement insurance policy?
- 15:49 - Question: What is your opinion of gold and silver as an investment option right now?
- 19:59 - Question: Is the stock market today being influenced by the media—especially the liberal left agenda?
Check Out Our Blog Post On This Topic
You can get more information including graphs and charts like the one below at: https://flemingwatson.com/do-i-need-medicare-supplement-insurance/
Have a Question?
Do you have a question we can answer on a future show? Ask it here: Click here to ask what's on your mind.
Are you ready to retire? Learn how you can get you free Retirement Snapshot.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
Other ways to listen to Monday Morning Money: