Welcome to our second Ask a CFP® Pro show. Today we talk about:
- An update for the stock market for the first half of 2020. (0:46)
- Some tax relief if you took your Required Minimum Distribution early in the year. (3:07)
- A tax deduction created by the CARES Act (even if you don't itemize). (3:44)
- And answer your questions.
Here are the questions:
The money in my checking account isn’t earning anything, and I probably have too much in that account anyhow. What can I do to earn a better return on my cash? (5:02)
- Will the Charles Schwab – TD Ameritrade Merger affect me? (9:31)
If we are setting up a college account for a grandchild, do we have to open the account in the state in which they live? Can we set it up in Ohio even though they live in North Carolina? (11:28)
- What are some of the things people with lower income, who are just getting started invest in? (13:41)
How do you select dividend producing stocks? (17:03)
What if President trump loses the upcoming election, What will this do to the stock market? (20:45)
- What is the best way to invest for retirement about 10 years before you retire? Is it best to pay off your house before retirement? (23:59)
We have pictures. Click here to see them: https://flemingwatson.com/ask-a-cfp-pro-what-happens-to-stocks-if-president-trump-loses/
Do you have a question we can answer on a future show? Ask it here:
Are you ready to retire? Learn how you can get you free Retirement Snapshot.
Other ways to listen to Monday Morning Money:
Subscribe where you find your podcasts.